About This Project
Encinitas Hall Building 20. is a student residential building erected in 1961 on a total SF area of 37,426 SF. The building is located at University Dr. and is widely identified by its red brick exterior facade. The scope of work of this project includes a full ADA renovation of all 8 restrooms and shower rooms on approximately 2,700 square feet. It includes installing completely new electrical, mechanical, plumbing and fire safety systems. Environmental abatement work will also be carried out at these facilities.
This $1.6 million project will provide fresh ventilation and A/C systems in restrooms, as well as the complete finishing systems, including ceramic tiles and waterproof ceiling tiles. The project will be implemented beginning June 16 th during the Summer Quarter vacation period. Project will be completed by September 8 th 2008.
In addition, the ground floor will require additional work to remove access barriers, provide access signage, and provide fully accessible restrooms for dormitories tenants.
|Construction start date:
June 16, 2008
|Expected completion date:
Sept 8, 2008
|Total Project Cost:
|Gross sq. footage:
|% of project complete:
Progress of Major Construction Activities
- Environmental abatement of all eight (6) restroom ceilings, tiles and lobby floors completed during the first week of work.
- Removal of all existing fixtures and demolition of concrete floors at first floor completed. Removal of walls and all existing plumbing, water and waste, ventilation ducts, existing fixtures and partitions removed.
- Installation of new waste and ventilation piping systems at 1st, 2nd and 3rd floor restrooms locations approx. 75% completed.
- Installation of waste system at shower rooms has begun and is expected to be completed by next week.
- Exterior wall coring at East and West building sections was completed in order to accommodate proper and new shower room ventilation.
- Concrete curbs completed at 1 st, 2nd and 3 rd floors to accommodate for new stud walls.
- Metal stud construction is 25% completed at 1 st, 2nd and 3 rd floor. Walls ready to receive copper piping intended for new cold and hot water infrastructure.
- Duct work for new HVAC systems is moving ahead of schedule at all three (3) floors.
Key/Critical Issues Currently Pending
- Almost all future activities in the project are critical due to the tightness of the 75 calendar day schedule.
- It remains critical to watch and corroborate the finishing materials are delivered to the site in the next two weeks.
- Initiate tile floor activities (also floating of concrete floors and shower room waterproofing) at 2 nd and 3 rd floors by July 30th.
Upcoming Utility or Other Interruptions
Other Areas of Significance