About This Project
The new Recreation Center will be 120,000 GSF, which includes the replacement of the two existing state pools with a new pool to the south of Darlene May Gym. The new pool will be completed and in use prior to the removal of the existing State pools. The schematic design phase is scheduled to begin October 2010.
CW Driver is the CM at Risk for the project, LPA is the project Architect. The project is scheduled to be under construction for approximately 24 months with a fall 2014 grand opening.
|Construction start date:
|Expected completion date:
|Total Project Cost:
|Gross sq. footage:
|Assignable sq. footage:
|% of project complete:
- System wide Revenue Bonds
Progress of Major Construction Activities
- Campus Architectural and Landscape Committee approvals granted December 9, 2010
- Preliminary meetings with MWD and WVWD regarding water easement completed, agencies anticipate approvals based on preliminary design presented.
- Preliminary meeting with State Fire Marshall regarding fire lanes conducted, approval anticipated with minor revisions.
- Preliminary meeting with LA County Fire scheduled for 12/20/10 regarding fire lanes.
- Schematic Design review meeting with CPDC scheduled for 1/12/11.
Key/Critical Issues Currently Pending
- Civil Survey of project area has been completed, submittal of documents scheduled for January 2011.
- Geotechnical survey, scheduled for January 2011.
Upcoming Utility or Other Interruptions
Other Areas of Significance