Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will describe marketing's strategic role in an agribusiness organization and design a marketing plan for an agribusiness product.
- Students will obtain information regarding a major food company or agribusiness firm, summarize these, evaluate their strategic significance and present in written format.
- Students are able to demonstrate how to locate, interpret, evaluate and use professional literature to make ethical evidence-based practical decisions.
- Students are able to demonstrate knowledge of accounting terminology and prepare general journal entries (debit and credit).
- Students will calculate financial ratios and correctly compare to industry averages and calculate Net Present Value (NPV).
- Students are able to apply management and business theories and principles to the development of agribusiness issues.
- Students are able to apply the principles of human resource management to different situations.
- Students are able to demonstrate advocacy and negotiation skills appropriate to the situation.