Welcome to Cal Poly Pomona! Lecturers at CPP are regarded as full partners in the University's educational mission. You are very cordially invited to participate in all of the Faculty Center activities. Go to our homepage, www.csupomona.edu/facultycenter, to see our calendar of activities and other announcements.
If you are new to Cal Poly Pomona, please see our online Orientation for New Faculty at http://www.csupomona.edu/~facultycenter/onlineWorkShops.shtml. Just click on the link for the orientation workshop.
Contact the Faculty Center any time if your questions are not answered here, or you need further information: 909-869-2890.
Lecturers are invited to take part in teaching & scholarship activities, programs, and resources that are available to other Cal Poly Pomona faculty, with very few exceptions. To reflect this fact, such resources are not listed separately here. Please explore the Faculty Center website and other Cal Poly Pomona websites for available resources.
To see the most complete list of university policies for faculty members available, please visit the Office of Planning, Policy, & Faculty Affairs website.
- Policy for periodic evaluation of temporary faculty members
- Form for periodic evaluation of temporary faculty members
- Policy for range elevation for temporary faculty members
The California Faculty Association (CFA) is the faculty union for the CSU system. Lecturers are represented in Bargaining Unit 3.
Departments consider many competing priorities when hiring lecturers, including resource constraints, curricular needs, seniority, and performance. While the information below cannot guarantee that you will be hired or re-hired, it will be helpful in making the case that you are a strong contributor to your deparment's mission and activities.
- Here are some questions to ask your department -- this is a list of useful information that must be obtained at the department level.
- Your department chair is the primary person who makes decisions about hiring lecturers each quarter and each year. If you want to be considered for teaching in the next quarter or year, inform your department chair in an email early on.
- Provide excellent learning experiences for your students. See our pages on Teaching & Learning Resources and our Online Workshops for good ideas and information.
- Be aware of and implement Cal Poly Pomona academic policies in your classes. See the catalog for a full treatment of such policies.
- Request peer evaluation from your department. Depending upon your department's policies, you may or may not be required to be evaluated. Requesting evaluation sends a strong message that you are commited and interested in teaching at Cal Poly Pomona.
- Get involved in the department and campus to the extent that you are able. Attend Faculty Center events; we provide an annual letter documenting your participation in our programs.
|Office of Research and Sponsored Programs|