New Tenure-Track Faculty Orientation: Sept. 15-19, Welcome Week for New Faculty
Get to know the university and meet new colleagues and friends! We've planned Welcome Week to include some free days for taking care of business and meeting with your department chair and mentor, as well as substantial programs to introduce you to many of the resources available to you at Cal Poly Pomona. Please register for the events you want to attend. And, get a head start by looking at the online faculty orientation.
Overview (see a detailed program)
Monday September 15:
- Morning -- Sign up with HR, get your parking permit, get your Bronco ID
- 1:00 - 4:00 p.m., in the CLA ("the pointy building") room B1-31 -- Cal Poly Pomona Benefits workshop (optional)
Tuesday September 16, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., in the Bronco Student Center Ursa Minor room
- Introduction to Cal Poly Pomona students
- Policies, procedures, & resources
- Campus bus tour
Wednesday September 17, 8:30 a.m. -- 5:30 p.m., starting in Ursa Minor and ending at Building 1
- Research, service, tenure & promotion
- Classroom technology demonstration
- Reception with chairs, deans, and department admin coordinators
Thursday September 18
- 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m., University Library 2907: Teaching with Technology at Cal Poly Pomona workshop (optional)
- 2:00 - 4:00 p.m. University Library 4829: Special Topics in Interactive Pedagogy workshop (optional)
Friday, September 19
- Free time to meet with your department chair or mentor
Contact the Faculty Center at 909-869-2890 with questions!
Our online orientation provides some information about campus resources and FAQs to get you started. Make sure to come to the face-to-face New Faculty Orientation, too!