For the best place to find ENV-related news and events, visit our Facebook page
Link Magazine Issue 1 (pdf)
- Associate Professor Sarah Lorenzen has been appointed as chair of the Architecture Department. A press release announcing her new position is available here.
- The Cal Poly Pomona Spring 2013 Sustainability Course Guide is now available online.
- The Department of Urban and Regional Planning has announced the winners of the 2013 Dale Prize.
- Please join the Cal Poly Pomona Architecture Department for the INTERIM Exhibit: Wednesday, January 9, 2013, from 6-8 pm in the IDC. The INTERIM Design Exhibit is an evening dedicated to celebrating recent student work from the Department of Architecture at Cal Poly Pomona. Students, family, friends, and colleagues are invited to attend the evening reception, which includes food, music, and, of course, great design projects. More on Interim.
- Congratulations to URP Senior Roberto C. Flores, who has been selected by the Transportation Research Board as a 2012-2013 Minority Student Fellow. Roberto will attend the annual meeting of the TRB to present his paper, "Comparing Transit-Oriented Developments to Non-TODs along Los Angeles Metro’s Light Rail System." For more on this program, visit the TRB website.
- Congratulations to M.Arch student Megan Turner, who has been awarded the 2012 AIA/AIAS COTE Research Fellowship! You can read her paper "AIA 2030 Commitment Case Studies: Studying the Experience of Participant Firms" at the AIA website.
- As part of the BSLA program's professional accreditation, ENV is calling on Landscape Architecture alumni to fill out a brief survey monkey survey. PLEASE HELP us by filling in the survey - it should take a maximum of 5 minutes to complete and is crucial to our accreditation. Here is the link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/BSLAAlumniSurvey.
- Undergraduates Tom Vo and Arriana Allahyar represented URP at the recent California Transportation Foundation symposium. The symposium includes a charrette style project competition. Congrats to Tom's team for winning first place. More...
- The Architecture Department has awarded the Neutra Medal for Professional Excellence to Tadao Ando. The Neutra Medal recognizes contribution from individuals to the environmental design profession. Past Neutra Medal recipients include Renzo Piano, Kisho Kurokawa, Herman Hertzberger, Moshe Safdie, Raymond Kappe, Raphael Soriano, and, most recently, Thom Mayne.
- Commencement 2012 for the College of Environmental Design will be held on Friday, June 8, 2012 at 8 pm.
All university commencement ceremonies are held on the University Quad. Click here for more information.
- Congratulations to Edna Cruz, who is a participant in the 2011-2012 Transportation Research Board Minority Student Fellows Program. She presented her paper, "Evaluating Demand for Bicycle Facilities in Community-based Bicycle Planning," at the TRB's annual meeting in Washington D.C. on January 24, 2012. Read more
- URP's Fall/Winter Studio (under the direction of Professor Richard Zimmer) has been awarded an American Planning Association Award from the Inland Empire Section. The project was a transit-oriented development for the La Sierra Metrolink Station adjacent to the 91 Freeway in the City of Riverside. The students worked hard and deserve this award. They will receive it at the Awards Banquet on May 19 at the Riverside Art Museum.
- URP Professor Rick Zimmer's Summer/Fall Studio has won the 2011 Los Angeles Section APA Award for Leadership and Service Award for their City of Bradbury: Royal Oaks Park Community Planning Submission. The LA Section APA will be honoring them at the upcoming 2011 APA LA Awards Program on Wednesday, June 22, 2011 at the historic Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood.URPs
- Matt Stafford has been elected to represent all California and Nevada universities to the national American Planning Association (http://www.planning.org/leadership/students/
- ENVs interdisciplinary China Program won the The 2011 Los Angeles Section American Planning Association Academic Award, Award of Merit. Submission: Urban Strategies in Historic Beijing showcases the disciplined work of our students from Architecture, Landscape Architecture, and Urban and Regional Planning from the China program classes of 2008, 2009, and 2010.
- Congratulations to URP student Roland Escalona!! He is the recipient of the 2011 Inland Empire Section APA Student Scholarship Award. He will receive his award on May 19 at the Riverside Art Museum. Part of his duties as a recipient will be to provide articles for publication on the IES-APA web site, and function as liaison for Cal Poly Pomona during the following year.
- URPs Fall/Winter Studio (under the direction of Professor Richard Zimmer) has been awarded an American Planning Association Award from the Inland Empire Section. The project was a transit-oriented development for the La Sierra Metrolink Station adjacent to the 91 Freeway in the City of Riverside. The students receive the award at the Awards Banquet on May 19 at the Riverside Art Museum.
- Greener Valleys Conference - February 22, 2011
- Alicia Bravo, Art Dept. alum, receives New Horizon Award for her Quinceanera photograph, "What About Me?"
- 2011 China Summer Study Abroad Program
- ENV sponsors forum on The Future of the L.A. City Planning Department (and the Future of the City)
- URP Grad Student Receives Transportation Research Board's Minority Student Fellow Honor
- Cal Poly Students Present Ambitious Plan to Convert Escondido's Flood Channel
- $1 Million Endowment to Benefit Lyle Center
- Landscape Architecture Welcomes New Chair
- Students of ENV College Win 2010 Best Practice Award for Student Energy Efficiency
- Inaugural Bobby Brooks Memorial Charette for Entertainment Design
Click here for the ENV Calendar of Events
External scholarship Opportunities.