University Research & Scholarly Activity Award
Research and Scholarly Award
The Research and Scholarly Award is to recognize faculty members whose research and scholarly activity is exceptional and meritorious. All tenured and tenured-track faculty with a minimum of three years of service in the College of Engineering at Cal Poly Pomona are eligible. This award is given to a maximum of one recipient each year and includes a $500 stipend. (Previous award winners are ineligible for three years). Nominations for this award should follow the nomination guidelines and demonstrate that the nominee has met the selection criteria.
Nominations including self-nomination should be sent to the Dean’s Office. The nominations should include the following:
- A cover letter outlining individual’s research and scholarly contributions
- A two-page curriculum vita of the nominee with emphasis on accomplishments related to the award
- A letter of support from the department Chair, addressing criteria of the award. If a department chair is nominated, the letter of support should come from the associate chair or a senior tenured member of the department.
- A two-page plan for research during the next three years.
Each application package will be reviewed by a faculty award committee. Selection criteria include:
- Significant contributions to the field of engineering research
- Research collaboration with other faculty at local, national, or international levels
- Evidence of research and scholarly activity while at Cal Poly Pomona (with credit given to CPP) during the past three years. This may include:
- Refereed Publications, either as sole author or as a co-author with faculty colleagues or with graduate or undergraduate students
- U.S. Patents
- Research grants and or externally funded research projects
- Supervision of graduate and/or undergraduate projects and/or theses
- Other noteworthy related accomplishments
Nomination packages are due on the Friday of 9th week each Winter Quarter by 4 pm to the Dean’s Office. The awards will be announced during the Spring Quarter
Return to Resources for Faculty & Staff