Hazardous Waste Manifest Signatures Procedures
This procedure applies to Hazardous Waste Manifests (Note: Effective September 5, 2006 the newly revised Federal Hazardous Waste Manifest is required for all shipments. The previous state form is not acceptable and will not be signed.), used for the transportation of hazardous waste, and Non-Hazardous Waste Manifests, used for the transportation of asbestos, lead, or other hazardous wastes.
- Manifest information shall be obtained from Environmental Health and Safety, Mr. Michael P. Huyter, Environmental Specialist, (909) 869 - 3230 or E-mail MPHuyter@csupomona.edu
Information includes: EPA ID No., State Generator's ID No,and Generator's Name and Mailing Address.
- Manifests will be reviewed and signed ONLY by Mr. Michael P. Huyter, or another representative from the Environmental Health and Safety Office.
The exceptions are the Auto and Tractor Shop Areas.
- Manifests will be reviewed and signed ONLY, Monday thru Friday, during working hours, 8:30 am to 4:00pm.
Exception is the 4 - 10 work schedule during the Summer months, Monday thru Thursday, 7:30 am to 5:00 pm.
- Appointments to review and sign Manifests must be scheduled 24 hours in advance of all Hazardous Waste Shipments.
Call (909) 869 - 3230 or (909) 869 - 4697 to schedule an appointment.
A chart field string will be provided to EH&S when the appointment is made to sign the manifest.
- The University Project Manager and Environmental Specialist shall ensure that EH&S has a signed “Hazardous Waste Fee Reimbursement Authorization Form” containing the appropriate chart field string to be charged for the hazardous waste fees. It is expected that The University Project Manager and Environmental Specialist will work together to obtain the information required prior to the shipment date. The manifest will not be signed and the waste will not be shipped without a signed form containing the chart field string.
- Environmental Health & Safety will provide the transport driver with a copy of the written “Instructions for Submission of Hazardous Waste Weight Tickets” (see enclosure) which is designed to be used as a fax cover sheet for faxing the weight ticket to EH&S.
- If the weight ticket is not received within 5 working days after shipment, EH&S will contact the facility receiving the waste and request a copy.
- EH&S will send a copy of the “Hazardous Waste Fee Reimbursement Authorization Form” to the University Project Manager 10 working days after shipment, which will indicate the amount of hazardous waste fees for reimbursement.
- If the weight ticket is not received within 10 working days after the shipment, EH&S shall notify the University Project Manager who will be responsible for obtaining the weight ticket and submit a copy to EH&S prior to the annual billing.
- Four times per year (August, November, February and May), EH&S will supply General Accounting with an Excel file containing the chart field strings for the departments and/or projects to be charged for hazardous waste fees. This fee will be based on the weight on the weight ticket, at the current rate of $70/ton (Note: This rate is subject to change, annually, by the State).
- If the weight ticket is not received by EH&S by the 1st of August, November, February or May; departments or projects will be charged based on the manifest estimate of weight.
- EH&S will retain the support documentation (weight tickets, reimbursement authorization forms, etc.) for audit purposes
Reimbursement of Construction Related Hazardous Waste Fees & Manifest Signatures(doc)
Any questions, please contact Michael P. Huyter, Environmental Specialist, (909) 869 - 3230
fax: (909) 869 4698