Lab Directors: Dennis Fitzgerald
Courses Offered: ECE 317L, ECE318L, ECE421L, ECE 422L
Laboratory Size: 1341 square feet
Average # of students per year: 27
To support experiments in all aspects of electromechanical energy conversion: DC motor and generator characteristic, Single-phase and three-phase transformers, Single-phase and three-phase induction motor characteristics, Synchronous motor and generator characteristics, Power generation, transmission and distribution, Synchronization of generators, etc.
Current Problems with the Laboratory:
- Six 5HP DC-DC converters to replace the large Dynamometers
- One 15KW AC generator with synchronizing circuitry.
- Six sets of digital AC and DC Voltmeters for bench mounting
- Four digital Industrial Analyzers.
- A power system simulator.
- For safety reasons and to improve the usability of the existing Motor/Generator sets their panels must be meterized