< Academic Advising / Academic Plan
Every Collins College student is required to have an Academic Plan [.xls, 20 kb] on file in the Academic Advising Office. An Academic Plan is an outline of classes that a student plans to take in order to complete her/his degree. The plan can be used to:
• select and schedule classes that will lead to completion of degree requirements
• provide a reference for scheduling classes
• list the classes already taken
• indicate the courses left to be completed before graduation
Visit Academic Advising Tools for an example of how a student might fulfill the requirements needed for a degree in Hospitality Management.
• On the Academic Plan, indicate specific names of classes. For example: "English 204" would be a sufficient entry, while "GE Area C3" would not be an adequate description.
• Student may complete, save and print the Excel version of the Academic Plan (shown in the samples). In addition, the blank Academic Plan [.xls, 20 kb] form can be printed and/or saved to a computer if updates are needed later.
• Students need to review their Academic Plan quarterly.
Note: You must have Adobe Reader to open and view all PDF files. To download Adobe Reader 8.1, visit Adobe's website here. Note: You must have Microsoft Excel viewer to open XLS files. To download Microsoft viewer click here.