Founded in 1973, The Collins College of Hospitality Management is the first and largest four-year hospitality management degree program in California and the only hospitality management college on the West Coast.
Approximately 1,000 undergraduate and graduate students receive a superior education in the state-of-the-art Collins College facilities, where they learn to apply hospitality management theories and concepts to real-world settings. A customized curriculum prepares students for careers in restaurant management, hotel/resort management, club management, culinary product development, tourism management, and special events/meeting planning. Part of this unique academic experience includes managing and operating the full-service Restaurant at Kellogg Ranch.
Our vision is to shape the future of hospitality.
We seek to create an engaging university experience that embodies excellence in hospitality management education as we become a preeminent source of future leaders in this dynamic and growing industry.
We are dedicated to advancing the field of hospitality management through:
- our collaborative learn-by-doing approach;
- our profound appreciation of diverse backgrounds, ideas, and cultures; and
- our strategic integration of scholarship, service, and applied learning
To benefit our stakeholders and the global hospitality industry.
- Our students are the most valued stakeholders of the college.
- We are learning-centered.
- Our faculty are teacher-scholars, valuing balance in their academic pursuits.
- We believe in the power of diversity and inclusiveness to positively impact our lives and the lives of others.
- We practice ethical behavior and instill this value in others.
- We inspire our stakeholders to value lifelong learning.
- We have an obligation to protect the environment.
- We believe that student success evolves from an environment where people enjoy what they do.