Chemistry and Biochemistry Department
Our Vision and Mission
Our vision: To catalyze intellectual growth through innovative, hands-on chemistry experiences that transform our students into science and industry leaders.
Our Mission: To educate by linking theory and practice and inspire Cal Poly Pomona students and the wider community through:
- Excellence in teaching
- A cohesive, rigorous, lab-intensive curriculum
- One-on-one advising and mentoring
- Participation in research and scholarly activities
- Collaboration with and outreach to local industries and educational institutions
- Support of extracurricular student activities
Department Office Hours
Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm.
Please note, the department office is closed daily from 12: 00pm to 1:00pm.
Learn about employment opportunities with the department.
Physical and Inorganic Faculty Searches Updated Information, October 20, 2014
Due to recent changes in office staffing within the Department office, please direct all questions regarding the Inorganic or Physical Chemistry searches to the Chemistry and Biochemistry Department office at (909)869-3653 and not to Ms. Julie Froid.