Advisement & Registration Resources
Fall 2013 Office Hours (Excel)
IGE provides an interdisciplinary undergraduate general education experience that prepares students to lead globally conscious, socially responsible, productive, satisfying, and ethical lives in a changing diverse world.
The table below shows how IGE satisfies university general education requirements. You may also consult the Cal Poly Pomona University Catalog.
Completion of IGE Courses
Satisfies GE Requirements
IGE 120, IGE 121, IGE 122
A2 (English 104) as well as any 2 courses from Areas C1, C2, or C3
IGE 220, IGE 221, IGE 222
D1 (8 units) and D3
IGE 223, IGE 224
D2 and Area E
Remaining GE to be completed:
- Areas A1 and A3
- Area B (16 units)
- Area C4 and remaining course from C1, C2 or C3
- Area D4
See your major department for advisement.
- Score of 3 or greater on English Language and Composition AP exam may be substituted for IGE 122.
- Score of 3 or greater on English Language and Literature AP exam may be substituted for IGE 122 and satisfy additional lower division area C requirements.
- Score of 4 or greater on Art IB maybe substituted for IGE 122.
- Score of 4 or greater on Language A1 or A2 IB then may be substituted for IGE 122.
- Score of 3 or greater on US History AP exam may be substituted for IGE 222.
- Score of 3 or greater on American Government AP exam (plus passing score on California government test) may be substituted for IGE 222.
- Score of 4 or greater in Economics, Geography, or History IB may be substituted for IGE 222.
- GE Support courses in the major for appropriate courses in IGE. See the IGE chairperson for approval.
- Student may make up to a total of two substitutions in the IGE curriculum. These substitutions may be GE support courses required by their major.
- To gain credit for AP or IB courses, please submit this form (PDF) to the IGE office. // broken link file
For more information, contact Dr. Dennis Quinn at 909-869-6733