Leadership through Learning
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona is pleased to announce the inauguration of its first independent doctoral program offered exclusively on the Pomona campus. As one of 23 campuses in the California State University system, the university joins colleagues throughout the state in a dedicated effort to develop educational leaders by offering a Doctor of Education Degree (Ed.D.) in Educational Leadership.
The mission and vision of Cal Poly Pomona lead us toward service to our local and expanded communities. We strive to fulfill our goals through the development of lifelong learners and leaders who are prepared to apply academic knowledge within their chosen field upon graduation in a changing multicultural world. Toward this end, the university has created a doctoral program specifically designed to develop leaders for the 21st century who are prepared to engage in the challenges and embrace the opportunities of educational leadership today and in the future
Centrally located in the heart of the Inland Empire, bordering Los Angeles, San Bernardino, and Orange Counties, Cal Poly Pomona offers an accessible location for returning students to embark on an educational journey toward academic advancement and personal enrichment. Our program is designed to provide optimal support and accommodation for working adults and busy professionals. Classes are embedded in a broader research learning community committed to the success of each individual student.
What We Offer
- A unique doctoral program focused on transforming schools, turning around under performing schools, and enhancing schools that are already succeeding
- A program developed by Cal Poly Pomona faculty and leaders in close collaboration with key business leaders and outstanding practicing school administrators, with representation from the Los Angeles County Office of Education and the Association of California School Administrators
- A program designed for working professionals delivered by Distinguished faculty who are graduates from some of the nation’s finest universities
- Opportunities to study international education
- No red tape! We will provide you with the support needed to earn your degree from beginning to end.
- Ongoing mentoring from your admission to the program through graduation
- Carefully designed research learning communities to assist you through the dissertation process
- A pragmatic approach to learning with real-world instruction applicable in the workplace
- An opportunity to earn your Professional Clear Administrative Services Credential (Tier II), while earning your doctorate
"The doctoral program at Cal Poly Pomona has provided me with additional insight, leadership strategies and critical thinking skills that are directly applicable to my work as a middle school principal. Although the coursework is rigorous and I am being challenged with each new assignment, there is a strong sense of personal satisfaction that comes with learning at the doctoral level. Additionally, the professors are supportive, masterful at communicating important content and willing to take the needs of the cohort into consideration. This program is superb and I would highly recommend it to anyone who is considering pursuing an Ed.D."
Principal, Frank Augustus Middle School, Riverside USD
"The program has given me the tools and strategies to reflect as a school administrator. In just a short amount of time, I have grown professionally based on the classes I have taken. The knowledge we are acquiring is applicable to the work we are currently doing daily. The professors demonstrate to us that they are going to ensure we succeed. I am excited to be part of this EDD cohort!"
Maria C. Rios, Principal
De Anza Elementary School, Baldwin Park USD