Service Learning - Students
What is Service-Learning?
- Service-learning at Cal Poly Pomona are academic courses that use the University’s “learn-by-doing” philosophy to make a difference in the world around us.
- Students in these courses have structured opportunities to learn, develop and reflect through community projects that tie directly to your course instruction.
What do Students get from Service-Learning Courses?
- Critical thinking and interpersonal skills
- Better understanding of course content
- Academic performance and retention
- Career development
- Social awareness and community issues
Required Forms for Service-Learning Students