Service Learning - Students
What is Service-Learning?
- Service-learning at Cal Poly Pomona are academic courses that use the University’s “learn-by-doing” philosophy to make a difference in the world around us.
- Students in these courses have structured opportunities to learn, develop and reflect through community projects that tie directly to your course instruction.
What do Students get from Service-Learning Courses?
- Critical thinking and interpersonal skills
- Better understanding of course content
- Academic performance and retention
- Career development
- Social awareness and community issues
How to Register for Service-Learning Classes?
- Service-learning courses are designated as “S” when you register on BroncoDirect (i.e, URP 331S). This “S” will also show up on your transcripts to show that you served your community through service-learning.
- To search for a current and future listing of courses, click on Service-Learning under the Course Attribute tab on BroncoDirect.
- For more information, please contact Academic Service-Learning Coordinator, Christina Gonzalez-Salgado at 909-869-4574 or email@example.com
Required Forms for Service-Learning Students