Behavioral Lab Internship
Are you a motivated marketing major interested in pursuing marketing research as your professional career? If so, consider doing internship at the Behavioral Lab hosted at the College of Business Administration, Cal Poly Pomona. You do not have to declare Marketing Research as your career track at the time of application.
- Market researcher/analyst/consultant.
- Project manager
- Senior analyst
- Marketing research manager
- Minimum GPA of 2.75.
- Must have taken statistics classes such as STA120 and TOM302.
- Should be able to work 4 to 10 hours a week over at least 2 quarters, preferably 3 quarters.
- All standing is considered but preference will be given to students with sophomore or junior standing.
- Excellent work ethics and motivations.
- Superb attention to details, creativity, and critical reasoning.
- Good communication skills.
- Gain necessary experience to be eligible to obtain Professional Researcher Certification designation.
- Obtain CITI Training Certificate
- Gain hands-on experience in doing behavioral research in general.
- Learn how to design questionnaire using Medialab and Qualtrics software
- Foster critical reasoning skill and creativity.
- Opportunity to work with professors in impactful research
- May learn Qualtrics, survey tool, and how to prepare data for analysis in SPSS or SAS.
- Enhance your resume for marketing research career (Note: most marketing research analyst position requires one to two years of experience)
The type of works you may be doing.
- Design Medialab or Qualtrics version of the questionnaires reflecting special needs of faculty such as incorporating multimedia into stimulus presented to the participants.
- Install questionnaires to computers.
- Help administer Business Subject Pool Management System (http://cba-csupomona.sona-systems.com/).
- Administer experiments and surveys in the lab or online.
- Perform coding, cleaning data, and preparation for data analysis
To apply for the position, send your resume as an email attachment and write briefly about your purpose in an email to Dr. Jae Min Jung.