Name: Majed R. Muhtaseb
Office location: 164-2067
Phone number: (909) 869-4524
- Ph.D. Finance: The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tenn.
- M.B.A.: Old Dominion University, Norfolk, Va.
- B.A. Business Administration: University of North Carolina, Charlotte, N.C.
- Chartered Alternative Investments Analyst (CAIA) member
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) charter holder
Graduate and undergraduate courses in Investments Analysis, Portfolio Management, Derivatives Markets and Corporate Finance.
Most recent publications:
- “The Growing Role of Hedge Funds in the Economy, Journal of Derivatives and Hedge Funds,” 2013, Vol. 19, No. 1, pp. 1-11.
- “Neutrality of Equity Market Neutral Strategy to Index and Period,” Journal of Derivatives & Hedge Funds, December 2012, Vol. 18, No. 4, pp. 301-332 (with Eric Colborn).
- “Hedge Funds Activism: Cases, Analysis and Corporate Governance, International Journal of Disclosure and Governance,” August 2012, Vol. 9, No. 3, pp. 264-283 (with Preet Grover).
- “Hedge Funds Are the Alternative Mainstream,” The Journal of Investing, Summer 2012, Vol. 21, No. 2, pp. 57-60.
- “Hedge Fund Investing: Beware of the Special Relationships: The Remorse of Beacon Hill Asset Management Investors,” Journal of Derivatives & Hedge Funds, February 2010, Vol. 15, No. 4, pp. 253-260.
- “What is the consequence of the missing compliance function at hedge fund? Fraud is! Analysis, lessons & solutions,” Journal of Investment Compliance, 2010, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 35-58.
- “Hedge Fund Information Depository: A Case Study of a Preemptive Solution to Fund Manager Fraud,” Journal of Investment Compliance, 2009, Vol. 10, No. 2, pp. 24-32.
- “Experience of a Professor of Finance with the Global CFA Professional Designation,” The Journal of Investing, Summer 2009, Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 87-90.