Dr. Zhang received a Ph.D. in information systems and technology from Claremont Graduate University, an M.S. in computer science, and an M.B.A. from Illinois State University. Her research interests include online learning, Internet entrepreneurship, and Digital Product Strategy. She has published in top journals and conferences, and she co-authored The Smarter Startup: A Better Approach to Online Business for Entrepreneurs (Pearson New Riders, 2013).
- CIS 299 Internet Startup Technology and Strategy
- CIS 315 Introduction to Systems Analysis and Design
- CIS 304 Intermediate Java Programming for Business
- CIS 234 Object-Oriented Programming with Java
- CIS 101 Introduction to Personal Computing
- CIS 305 Database Design and Development
- CIS 311 Interactive and Responsive Web Development
- Sonya Zhang, Bradley Dorn (2013), “A Community-Based Participatory Research Model and Web Application for Studying Health Professional Shortage Areas in the United States,” International Journal of Healthcare Information Systems and Informatics, 8(3), 23-37.
- Neal Cabage, Sonya Zhang (2013), “Web 3.0 has begun,” ACM Interactions, Vol. 20, No. 5, 26-31.
- Neal Cabage, Sonya Zhang (2013), The Smarter Startup: A Better Approach to Online Business for Entrepreneurs, Pearson New Riders.
- Sonya Zhang, Neal Cabage (2013), “Does SEO Matter? Increasing Classroom Blog Visibility Through Search Engine Optimization,” Proceedings of the 46th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS), Maui, Hawaii, USA, Jan. 7-10, 2013.
- Xuesong (Sonya) Zhang (2012), “Design and Evaluation of a Socially Enhanced Classroom Blog to Promote Student Learning in Higher Education,” Proceedings of the 18th Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS), Seattle, Washington, Aug. 9-11, 2012.
- Xuesong (Sonya) Zhang, Bradley Dorn (2012), “Accelerating Software Development through Agile Practices – a Case Study of a Small-scale, Time-intensive Web Development Project at a College-level IT Competition,” Journal of Information Technology Education, Vol. 11, 2012.
- Xuesong (Sonya) Zhang, Bradley Dorn (2012), “Design and Implementation of JavaSniper – A Community-based Software Code Review Web Solution,” Journal of Information Science and Technology, Vol. 8, No. 2.