Master's of Science Program in Biological Sciences
The Master of Science Degree in the Biological Sciences Department is designed to enhance the knowledge and competence of the student in his or her field of specialization and to develop the potential for a career of continuing, self-directed study and research. The curriculum also prepares candidates for further specialized training on the Ph.D. level and allows for entry into a variety of professional schools to pursue other advanced postgraduate degrees. The courses in the program are designed not merely for study in the field, but also to introduce various research techniques and require the continuing review of the scientific literature relevant to the graduate student studies. Graduates of the program have proceeded to contribute to the biotechnology industry, environmental sciences, agriculture, medical sciences and education.
Questions should be directed to the Admissions Office.
- Fall Quarter: Application window through CSUmentor.edu is October 1 - June 15. No applications will be taken after June 15. Fall Quarter begins the following September.
- Winter Quarter: Application window through CSUmentor.edu is June 1 - November 1. No applications will be taken after November 1. Winter Quarter begins the following January.
- Spring Quarter: Application window through CSUmentor.edu is August 1 - February 1. No applications will be taken after February 1. Spring Quarter begins the following end of March or beginning of April.
- Summer Quarter is closed. No applications will be accepted.
- As a matter of clarification: The overall undergraduate GPA the Department will consider for applicants to the Master's Program is 2.75. A 3.0 GPA over all undergraduate course work is recommended, but not required. Please read through the "Applicants" section found on the yellow ribbon at the top of this page for more information. It includes all of the departmental information on Applications/Admissions and details the new Admission and new Curriculum requirements.
- Information on deadlines is provided, but deadlines are set by the Admissions Office, so check with Admissions for information on applications and deadlines.
- Get connected to Cal Poly Pomona - become a Bronco VIP. We will communicate electronically the information you request as well as important announcements.