About the Distinguished Alumni Award
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The Distinguished Alumni Award is presented by the Cal Poly Pomona Alumni Association to honor:
- Outstanding achievement in a profession or a vocation
- Service to a local, national, or global community
- Service to Cal Poly Pomona
Eligibility for the "Distinguished Alumnus(a) of the Year" award is as follows:
- The recipient of the award shall be a graduate of Cal Poly Pomona, or the Voorhis campus.
- Current members of the Board of Directors of the Cal Poly Pomona Alumni Association and University faculty or staff are ineligible.
- A recipient may only receive the award once.
The criteria for nomination of the Distinguished Alumnus(a) includes accomplishments in three categories:
- Professional Achievement: The recipient shall have attained prominence through his/her respective field or profession.
- Community Service: The recipient shall have a significant record of service to the community state and/or nation.
- Service to Cal Poly Pomona: The recipient shall have demonstrated support for Cal Poly Pomona through donated time or resources.
The Alumni Association will recognize one alumnus/alumna per College and one alumnus/a from Athletics. Nominations are due November 1 and must be approved by the respective College’s Dean. In the case of Athletics, the Athletic Director’s approval will be required.