The USDA Liaison Office places several students a year in government jobs in the USDA.
We offer two student/work internship programs. Both of these programs are paid internships. To apply, please submit a resume and transcript.
STEP Student Temporary Employment Program
This program is unrelated to your major and open to everyone.
SCEP Student Career Experience Program
This program is specific to your major. You'll work for, and learn from, professionals in your field of study. This program could lead to a job offer and full-time career when you graduate.
- We offer careers for people that are trained in:
- Agricultural Biology
- Agricultural Economics
- Agricultural Education
- Agricultural Engineering
- Agricultural Marketing
- Agricultural Science
- Animal Science
- Aquatic Biology
- Business Administration
- Computer Technology
- Engineering Technician
- Food and Nutrition Science
- Landscape Architecture
- Plant Sciences/Horticulture
- Rangeland Management
- Rural Sociology
- Soil Conservation
- Soil Conservation Technician
- Soil Science
- Watershed Management
- Wetland Science
- Wildlife Biology
For more information on careers in the USDA, student/work programs, or to submit a resume, please contact:
United States Department of Agriculture
Enhance the quality of life for the American people by supporting agriculture through:
- ensuring a safe, affordable, nutritious, and accessible food supply
- aring for agricultural, forest, and range lands
- supporting sound development of rural communities
- providing economic opportunities for farm and rural residents
- expanding global markets for agricultural and forest products and services
- and working to reduce hunger in America and throughout the world.
A healthy and productive Nation in harmony with the land.