Admission Requirements & Deadlines
Admission Requirements for International Graduate StudentsYou are considered a graduate & post-baccalaureate applicant if you are applying for a master's or doctorate degree, seeking credentials, or enrolling in graduate courses for personal or professional growth.
Foreign nationals who are not graduates of Cal Poly Pomona will be accepted as graduate students only if they hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution in the United States or Canada or have comparable academic credentials from a foreign country.
As an international applicant, you must:
- Meet CSU Eligibility Requirements (listed below)
- Meet all testing requirements
- Have a F-1 student visa
- Agree to purchase University Health Insurance each year of enrollment
- Submit proof of measles and rubella immunization
- Provide certification of financial eligibility or complete the affidavit of financial support
- Provide a copy of your passport (name and photo ID pages)
Minimum CSU Eligibility Requirements
You will be considered for graduate admission if:
- you have completed a four-year college course of study and hold an acceptable baccalaureate degree or its equivalent from an accredited or internationally recognized institution;
- are in good academic standing at the last college of university attended;
- have attained a grade-point average of at least 2.5 in the last 60 semester (90 quarter) units attempted;
- and satisfactorily meet the professional, personal, scholastic, and other standards for graduate studies, which may include qualifying examinations.
Some academic programs require graduate applicants to complete one or more of the following examinations to qualify for admission:
- The General and/or Subject Test of the GRE
- The GMAT is required for those who are applying to the Master of Business Administration or Master of Science in Business Administration Programs
- The Subject Test of the GRE in related subject matter
- A locally developed qualification exam.
Admission decisions generally will depend upon test scores. Click here to view required exams and desired scores.
Applicants with a bachelor's degree from a college or university where the principal language of instruction was NOT English, must take the TOEFL or IELTS exams and request official results IELTs to be mailed directly to the Office of Admissions and Outreach prior to admission. All scores submitted must have been earned within two years of the application date. Required scores are as follows:
|IELTS||Band score varied by program|
Some graduate programs have different score requirements. Click TOEFL to view.
Graduate Application Deadlines
Cal Poly Pomona is accepting applications for the following term. Click HERE for information on application and document deadlines.