Admission Requirements & Deadlines
Admissions Requirements for Credential Students
As a credential applicant, you will be considered for admission if you:
- Have completed a four-year college course of study and hold an acceptable baccalaureate degree or its equivalent from an accredited or internationally recognized institution;
- Are in good academic standing at the last college of university attended;
- Have attained a grade-point average of at least 2.5 in the last 60 semester (90) quarter) units attempted;
- Satisfactorily meet the professional, personal, scholastic, and other standards for graduate studies, which may include qualifying examinations.
Admission to a credential program is a two- step process:
STEP 1: Admission to Cal Poly Pomona
Please complete the graduate application online at CSUMentor.
STEP 2: Admission to the Credential Program
Admissions to Cal Poly Pomona does not constitute admission to a credential program. In addition to applying to the university, you must also begin preparing your Program Admissions Packet as described below:
- Administrative Services Credential, Tier One, Application Packet (ACAP)
- Program Admissions Packet
For students applying to the Multiple Subjects, Single Subject, and Education Specialist Credential programs
- Special Education Credential Application Packet (SECAP)
For students who already possess a Multiple or Single Subjects Credential and now wish to apply to the Education Specialist Credential program
- Level II/Clear Education Specialist Application.
Additional information is available on the Credential Services website.
Application for Admissions to Cal Poly Pomona Deadlines:
|Fall 2013||August 1, 2013|
|Winter 2014||*See note below|
|Spring 2014||*See note below|
*This information is subject to change at any time. Please visit Admissions Deadlines for updated information.
Application for Credential Program (Administration, Education Specialist, Multiple Subject & Single Subject Programs)
|Fall 2013||April 19, 2013|
|Winter 2014||September 27, 2013|
|Spring 2014||January 10, 2014|
Application for Clinical Practice Deadline (for progression into Clinical Practice)
|Fall 2013||June 14, 2013|
|Winter 2014||August 16, 2013|
|Spring 2014||December 13, 2013|
Application for Internship Deadline (an alternative route for Clinical Practice)
If you are eligible to join the internship program, you must consult with the Intern Coordinator and Credential Services for deadline information for each quarter.